US Open Golf Odds & Betting
The US Open may not feature a lot of low scores because it is traditionally held on the toughest courses in the country. As a result, it may be the hardest of golf’s four majors to win.
It comes third in the golf majors schedule, preceded by The Masters in April and the PGA Championship in May. The Open Championships (British Open) follows the US Open.
Here’s what you need to know about betting on the US Open in Virginia including the best golf betting apps and live odds for the top contenders.
Live Us Open Odds at Virginia Online Sportsbooks
Tap the dropdown menu on the top left of the table to find player odds for upcoming tournaments, including the US Open.
Top US Open Betting Apps
DraftKings Sportsbook Virginia, FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia, and BetMGM Virginia have some of the best sports betting apps in the industry. They offer the most comprehensive PGA Tour and US Open betting options in the state.
Each offers bonuses for new players to bet on the US Open alongside a variety of live US Open golf betting options. Given the technological advancements in golf coverage, live golf betting has been a phenomenon and now one of the biggest golf markets going.
Here’s a quick look at what to expect from betting apps in Virginia.
1. DraftKings Sportsbook VA
The top daily sports fantasy site in the country is now one of the most popular online sportsbooks in the US. DraftKings Sportsbook offers online and mobile sports betting in multiple states, including Virginia.
New DraftKings Sportsbook players in Virginia should get the same welcome bonus found in other states. It includes:
- A welcome bonus worth up to $1,250, and no DraftKings code required.
DraftKings VA offers a variety of US Open betting options, including futures and all the most popular basic golf bets, from outrights to head-to-heads.
2. FanDuel Sportsbook VA
The other US leader in daily sports fantasy is also in the online sports betting business now as well. FanDuel Sportsbook takes US Open bets in many states, including Virginia.
New players in Virginia should be entitled to a $2,500 Welcome Bonus when they sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook. They can use it to bet on any number of a variety of US Open betting markets.
3. BetMGM Sportsbook VA
BetMGM brings one of the biggest names in casino gaming and sports betting to Virginia’s online and mobile sports betting market. New players can get hold of a First Bet Offer of up to $1,000 in Virginia and current states where BetMGM is live. Enter the bonus code PLAYBONUS when prompted.
With BetMGM live in Virginia, you can use that bonus to bet on anything and everything in its comprehensive US Open betting market.
US Open Best Bets
There are a variety of ways you can bet on US Open golf. These include:
- Futures: Odds on a golfer to win the US Open well in advance of the tournament. US Open betting odds are adjusted throughout the season based on golfer performance.
- Outrights: Pick a US Open winner. Bet on that golfer at current moneyline odds ahead of the first round or during the tournament. Odds change based on performance and the leaderboard, but you lock in odds when you bet.
- First-round leader: Odds on a golfer to lead after the first round of the US Open.
- Against the field: Bets on a golfer versus the entire field or a group. Or, the field or the group against that golfer.
- Finishing position: Bets on a golfer to finish in the top five, 10, or 20.
- Each way: Bets on a golfer to win or make the top three, four, or five.
- Head-to-heads: Bets on one golfer against another.
- Group betting: Bets on one golfer against a group of four or more.
- 2/3 Balls: Bets on one golfer in a group of three.
- Nationality: Bets on the nationality of the US Open winner.
- Live US Open betting: Basic US Open betting in the middle of a round at odds that change with the action. Includes hole by hole and even shot by shot betting.
2023 US Open Dates and Location
Here are the key details on the next US Open.
- When: June 15-18, 2023
- Where: Los Angeles Country Club (North Course)
- Length: Par 70, 7,204 yards
- TV: NBC
Betting Tips for the US Open
Here are three US Open golf betting tips for beginners to keep in mind:
1. Bet Futures Now
The US Open futures market is open well ahead of the US Open, and the prices on the hottest golfers heading into the tournament will never be better than they are right now. Lock in the long odds by entering the US Open futures market early.
2. Do Your Homework
Watch, listen to and read everything you can about the PGA Tour headed into the US Open. That’ll tell you who’s hot, who’s not, and who is a good bet to contend heading into the tournament. Better research equals better bets.
3. Take Advantage of the Long Odds
There are rarely any true favorites heading into any of golf’s majors. That means the odds on most to win the US Open are almost always decent, allowing you to bet on more than one player. Do a little math, and you’ll often find you can bet on several favorites and longshots to win and still make a little profit if any one of them gets it done.
Us Open Golf Daily Sports Fantasy Tips
Most basic daily sports fantasy US Open golf contests involve picking six players under a specified salary cap, but you can find all kinds of alternatives.
When it comes to building basic lineups for the US Open, you should probably mix some of the top-owned favorites with a few dark horse choices to make sure your lineup is unique.
Also, take note of the scoring system in the contest you are entering and choose golfers accordingly. If par has more value, consistent and steady golfers that shoot par more often than not might be more valuable to you than others that fill the card with birdies, eagles, and too many unfortunate bogies.
It is the US Open, so you want to look for long hitters who drive with decent accuracy, as it’s these guys that almost always contend for this title. As always, do your homework looking for who’s hot heading into the event and whose game sets up well for this year’s tough US Open course.
How To Watch Us Open Golf Live
The USGA has a partnership with NBC to broadcast the majority of the event. The Golf Channel and Peacock will have coverage of the early rounds and off-hours content.
NBC and Golf Channel can be streamed from the web or via app with a number of cord-cutting and cable packages. You will need valid login credentials from your provider for these services. Peacock is a newer streaming option that you can subscribe to for a fee.
US Open golf FAQ
The Vegas US Open odds are similar to what you might find in other states with legal online and mobile sportsbooks. However, each state will have its own oddsmakers, so expect some variation between Vegas sportsbooks and local sportsbooks.
The US Open field starts with 156 players.
The US Open isn’t exactly open to everyone. Players need to qualify or be exempt from qualifying and therefore invited.
Those exempt include:
- Past ten winners
- Previous year’s US Amateur champ and runner up and US Junior Amateur, US Mid-Amateur, and Amateur Championship winners
- Top-ranked amateur in the world from the previous year
- Past five Masters, Open Championship and PGA Championship winners
- Past three Players Championships winners
- Current BMW PGA Championship winner
- Current US Senior Open champ
- Multiple PGA Tour event winners since the last US Open
- Olympic golf tournament champ the year after the Olympics
- Top 10 from the previous year’s US Open
- Tour Championship qualifiers from the previous year
- Top 60 in the Official World Golf Ranking two weeks prior
- Top 60 in the Official World Golf Ranking on the tournament start date
- The Korn Ferry Tour points winner
- USGA special exemptions
After the first two days of play, the Top 60 players and ties make the cut in the US Open and move on to the final two rounds.