Golden Nugget Sportsbook Virginia Bonus Code for $250
For years, Golden Nugget was known best for its Las Vegas hotel and casino, but not anymore. That’s in part thanks to Golden Nugget Sportsbook, which is now live in Virginia. And Golden Nugget is enticing bettors to sign up with one of the best welcome bonuses in the state.
Best Virginia sportsbook promos in June
Golden Nugget Virginia sportsbook offers players tons of betting options, and new customers will receive up to a $250 free bet just for using our Golden Nugget bonus code when they sign up.
Our Golden Nugget Virginia review will get you ready to start betting using the Golden Nugget app, which is up and running on both iOS and Android. We also show you how to sign up and make deposits and withdrawals, plus a whole lot more.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook VA welcome bonus
If you are a new customer at Golden Nugget’s online sportsbook, you will receive a maximum of a $250 free bet simply by using the bonus code PLAYBONUS when creating your account. Golden Nugget’s bonus is a bet match, which means you’ll receive a free bet, equal to the size of your first bet with the online sportsbook in Virginia.
What makes this bonus so great is that unlike a risk-free bet bonus, at Golden Nugget you will receive a free bet whether your opening wager wins or loses.
Golden Nugget Virginia bonus code 2023
|Golden Nugget VA Bonus Code||None needed|
|Sign-up bonus||Bonus bet of up to $250 based on opening bet|
|Online since||2021 in Virginia|
|Last updated||June 3, 2023|
Golden Nugget Virginia welcome bonus – the fine print
Here is a look at everything you need to know about Golden Nugget’s $250 free bet welcome bonus.
- You must be a new Golden Nugget user and you need to enter our bonus code PLAYBONUS when signing up.
- After doing that go to the promotions page and opt-in to the $250 free bet welcome bonus.
- Then, simply place your first cash wager on an event with odds of -200 or longer. A bet with -250 odds will not qualify, but a bet with -110 or +150 would.
- As soon as that opening wager settles, whether it wins or loses, you’ll be awarded a free bet equal to your bet’s stake. The max free bet awarded is $250.
- There are no odds restrictions on your free bet. Just make sure you use it within 14 days, otherwise it will expire. Also, be aware that you only get the winnings from a free bet wager, not the bet stake too.
Overall this is an outstanding welcome bonus. Other Virginia sportsbooks offer bigger bonuses, but few have a bet match where you win no matter what your opening bet does.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Virginia promotions
You will find a number of promotions on the Golden Nugget app in Virginia.
First up is the $250 free bet welcome bonus that we discussed above; just remember to use the bonus code PLAYBONUS to get it.
After that, the best promo is the sportsbook’s parlay boost, which can get you up to an additional 20% in profits. It works like this: On all your parlays of three legs or more, you’ll receive a percentage boost starting at 3% for three-leg parlays and going all the way up to 20% for 20-leg bets. The one condition to be aware of is that each selection you make must have odds of -145 or greater, to you can’t simply take huge favorites and watch the profits increase.
Another regular promotion at Golden Nugget Sportsbook VA is its daily odds boosts. Golden Nugget refers to these odds boosts as Golden Lines, and you’ll see them available for various sports and bet types. Golden Line wagers are capped at $25 each, and you cannot add them to any parlay or system bets.
You always can check to see if Golden Nugget has any new promotions available by clicking on the “Promos & Rewards” tab. Sportsbook promotions are highlighted in green.
Is Golden Nugget legal in Virginia?
Yes, Golden Nugget Sportsbook is safe and legal in Virginia. It received its sports betting license from the Virginia Lottery which is in charge of regulating betting in the state.
Sports gambling as a whole became legal in Old Dominion on July 1, 2020, and online sportsbooks started launching January 21, 2021. Golden Nugget open up shop in VA in Fall 2021. Currently, no retail sportsbooks or casinos are operating in the state, so you can place sports wagers only via your computer or mobile device. Fortunately, Golden Nugget has a great app that is available on Android and iOS.
In order to bet with Golden Nugget you have to be at least 21 years of age and within Virginia State lines whenever you make a bet. Golden Nugget uses the information you submit when creating your account to verify your age. As for your location, geolocation software tracks your whereabouts when you are signed into your account. As long as you’re in the state you can bet, if you’re outside Virginia you cannot.
One final note: Betting on college sports is legal in Virginia, but betting on college teams from the state is prohibited. It also is illegal to place live bets on college games; only pregame betting is allowed.
How to create a Golden Nugget account in Virginia
You can create a Golden Nugget Sportsbook account in Virginia in a matter of minutes, and then you will be ready to start making whatever sportsbook bets you want. Here’s our step-by-step guide to creating your account.
- Download and open the app — if you need help getting the app, see below — and click the red “Sign Up” button.
- On the first page, enter your email address twice and create a password and enter it twice, as well. Hit next.
- On the second page, enter your first and last name, date of birth, gender and the final four digits of your Social Security number. Hit next.
- On the third page, enter your home address and phone number, and select and answer one security question. Below the security question is where you will enter the bonus code PLAYBONUS to receive your free bet worth up to $250. Hit next.
- You’re done! That’s all you need to do in order to create an account with Golden Nugget in Virginia.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook VA app
The Golden Nugget app is available for Android and Apple products, and you’ll notice that it’s more than just a sportsbook app. Golden Nugget is a combo sportsbook and online casino, though online casino gambling is not available in Virginia. Let’s get started with installing the app.
How to download the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app for Virginia
You can follow our links to the Golden Nugget page and then follow the prompts to start the download process on either your iOS or Android device. Simply click the proper logo to get the correct Golden Nugget app.
Once you click on the logo, you will need to confirm that you trust the source of the file and that you want to download the app.
After the app is downloaded, you need to install it on your phone. Click on the file and select install. Both the download and installation should take only a few minutes, tops, and after that you can open the app and either get registered or signed in and start placing some bets.
Navigating the Golden Nugget app
Once logged into the app, you will be able to find the games you want to bet on by choosing the appropriate sport — listed in the middle of the screen — and then scrolling until you find what you’re after.
To place bets, simply tap on the team you want to bet on, and that wager will be added to your bet slip. The bet slip will appear in red at the bottom of your display. You can either add more selections to your bet or click on the bet slip and actually place the bet(s).
To remove selections from your slip, you must click on the small “X” to the right of the pick. We mention this because the “X” can be pretty hard to see if you don’t realize it’s there.
By clicking the “Banking Info” icon at the top of the screen, you will be able to make a deposit or withdrawal from your account. Next to that is the help center, where you can talk to Golden Nugget representatives if you require assistance of any kind. And just to the left of the banking info icon is a link to take you to the promos page.
On the promotions page, you can see all the ongoing special offers that are available to you.
Lastly, you can access your account by selecting “My Account” on the right side of the screen. From there, you can see how many Golden Points you have, redeem those points, check your account statement and details, and visit the cashier. If you want to sign out of your account, there’s a button to do that on the top right of the main screen.
Best features of the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app
Sometimes it’s hard to figure out what differentiates one sportsbook app from another. To help give you an idea, here are our top features for Golden Nugget.
- Plenty of banking choices: It’s all well and good to have a great sportsbook app, but if it’s a struggle to deposit and withdraw money, then what’s the point? Luckily at Golden Nugget you shouldn’t have any issues putting money into or taking money out of your account because there are a multitude of options for both.
- Customer service: Having a great customer support staff might not be the first thing you think of when considering what sportsbook to join, but it should be. If you run into any problems, you’ll be glad to have a help desk like the one at Golden Nugget to be there for you day or night, seven days a week.
- Dual sportsbook and online casino: Who knows what the future holds? Maybe Virginia online casinos will never be allowed, but if they are, it will be great to have your sportsbook and online casino accounts under one roof, which is exactly what you would be able to do thanks to the Golden Nugget app.
How could Golden Nugget Sportsbook improve?
And now a look at a few ways Golden Nugget could get better.
- Add a sportsbook-specific loyalty club: The fact that Golden Nugget has a rewards club is a positive because a lot of Virginia sportsbooks won’t. But the VIP Club feels much more geared to the online casino patrons than the sportsbook users. We’d love to see a sportsbook-only rewards club. But if we can’t have that, we’d at least like to see the VIP Club aimed more toward sports bettors.
- More sportsbook promos: In other states, there aren’t a lot of sports betting promos. Hopefully, in Virginia they will have more of these.
Types of bets available at Golden Nugget online sportsbook
With new users opening sportsbook accounts every day, we wanted to take a few minutes and go over all the types of sports bets you can make using the Golden Nugget app. One of the things we love about online sportsbooks is how user-friendly they are. You can see how much you’re betting and how much you’ll win if you’re correct. It really makes the process so much easier than having to go to a betting window.
All you are doing is picking which team will win. The numbers listed for the moneyline tell you which team is favored.
Example: Baltimore Ravens -180 vs. Washington Football Team +155. Since they’re listed in negative numbers, the Ravens are the favorites and you would need to bet $180 on them in order to win $100. For Washington, as the underdog, a $100 bet would win you a profit of $155.
Here your bet must take into account the margin of victory. When someone says “Team X covered the spread,” this is what they’re referring to.
Example: Washington Nationals -1.5 vs. Baltimore Orioles +1.5. Again, the team with the negative number is favored. For this point spread bet, the Nationals need to win by two or more runs to cover the spread, while the Orioles can either win the game or lose by just one, and they would cover the spread.
Also known as betting on totals, over/unders can be for myriad stats, but they are most common for bets on how many points both teams will combine to score in one game. Golden Nugget will provide a number, and all you need to do is bet on if the actual total will be higher or lower.
Example: Charlotte Hornets vs. Washington Wizards, over/under 225.5. If you bet on the over, you are saying that the Hornets and Wizards will combine for more than 225.5 points, so if the final score ended up being 120-118, you would win your bet.
Props are bets that don’t have to do with the outcome of a game, but instead are on specific events that happen during the game. Proposition betting continues to gain in popularity because of the number of props that are available to bettors.
Examples of props are betting on how many passing, rushing or receiving yards a player will have during a football game, or whether a basketball player will finish with a triple-double.
With parlays, you are combining multiple bets into one, and to win you can’t miss a single one of them. The more picks you make, the more you stand to win, but the harder they are to get right.
Example: You choose the Washington Football Team, Ravens, Wizards and Hornets to all win their games one weekend. To win, you have to be right on all four picks.
Teasers are bets against the spread where you change, or tease the line, for all your picks.
For example, you could bet on the Hornets (+4.5) and Wizards (-1.5), and you could tease the line by five points. The new lines for both teams would be Hornets (+9.5) and Wizards (+3.5); now both teams will have an easier time covering the spread.
Here you are making three or more selections and combining them into groups that always leave one of the picks out, so you are left with something resembling a parlay, but you can miss a pick and still win some money.
Example: You create a round robin with the Orioles, Nationals and New York Yankees all winning. Here, they would be put into groups of two (Orioles-Nationals, Orioles-Yankees and Nationals-Yankees) so if just the Yankees lost, your Orioles-Nationals bet still would be a winner.
When it comes to futures, you’re making long term future bets. You can place futures bets on the Ravens to win the Super Bowl, the Washington Capitals to win the Stanley Cup or on players like the Wizards’ Russell Westbrook to win the NBA MVP award.
Betting on live sports has come into vogue thanks to online sportsbooks like Golden Nugget because you are able to bet on games after they have started. Lines remain fluid throughout games and can change based on the score, how much time is remaining and who has the ball, among other things.
Sports you can bet on at Golden Nugget in Virginia
We are confident that whatever sports you are a fan of, you will be able to bet on them at Golden Nugget in Virginia.
The top four North American leagues are taken care of, so you can do all the MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL betting you want at Golden Nugget. And of course both college football and college basketball odds are available, too.
But we know there are a lot of UFC, PGA Tour, MLS, WNBA and tennis fans out there, and you are all set as well at Golden Nugget. The sportsbook also has markets for auto racing, including NASCAR , and for soccer leagues around the world like the Champions League and English Premier League.
Make sure to check out the complete sports listings on the app, because there are quite a few smaller sports available as well if you’re looking for something like table tennis or rugby.
Virginia sports team betting guide
Sadly, there aren’t really any teams from Virginia available for you to bet on. That’s because we do not have any professional teams, and while we have plenty of Division I colleges, betting on any of them is prohibited under Virginia gambling law.
Fortunately, though, the surrounding states offer a few teams to fill the void.
- There’s just one NHL team close by, and that’s the Washington Capitals. The Capitals have one of hockey’s all-time best players in Alexander Ovechkin, and Washington won the Stanley Cup in 2018.
- For the NFL lovers out there, both the Washington Football Team and Baltimore Ravens are nearby. In fact, Washington is so close that its headquarters is in Ashburn, Virginia. The Ravens, meanwhile, have quarterback Lamar Jackson, who was named the NFL MVP in 2019.
- For NBA betting, there are the Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets. The Hornets are owned by Michael Jordan, arguably the greatest basketball player in history. The Wizards have been down for a few years, but prior to the 2020 season they traded for former league MVP Russell Westbrook.
- And finally, in Major League Baseball there are the Baltimore Orioles and Washington Nationals. The Nationals have experienced more success of late, having won the World Series in 2019 and boasting one of the top pitchers in baseball, Max Scherzer, who won the NL Cy Young Award in 2016 and 2017. The Orioles play in the AL East, arguably the toughest division in baseball, which also is home to the New York Yankees, Boston Red Sox and Tampa Bay Rays.
Golden Nugget Virginia futures markets
When it comes to bets like moneylines, spreads and totals, most sportsbooks offer the same thing. But futures betting can vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. Here’s a look at what you can expect on Golden Nugget when it comes to futures betting.
- Championship markets: You can’t talk about futures betting without discussing championship futures. Sportsbooks usually have them up right after the previous championship game or series ends, and you’re immediately able to bet on who will win the title next season. You also don’t have to just bet on overall title winners; you can pick who will win their conferences and divisions, as well.
- Regular season over/unders: Another futures market that is great to bet on is regular season totals. Here the sportsbook provides you with a projected number of wins, and you bet on if the team’s actual win total will be higher or lower. And you get to enjoy watching your bet come to fruition for the entire season.
- Player futures: Most sportsbooks have markets for which player will win the regular season MVP award. You also will find markets for other awards like offensive or defensive player of the year and rookie of the year. Particularly for the NFL, you will see futures for individual statistical leaders, too.
Banking methods at Golden Nugget Sportsbook
One area where the Golden Nugget Sportsbook really stands out is in the variety of ways you can deposit and withdraw money.
You have six ways in which to put money into your account:
- Credit card (American Express, Mastercard or Visa)
- Online bank transfer
- Golden Nugget Play+ prepaid card
- VIP Preferred
And you have five ways to withdraw your winnings:
- Golden Nugget Play+ prepaid card
- Check in the mail (minimum $300 withdrawal)
- Wire transfer (minimum $500 withdrawal)
- VIP Preferred
How to contact Golden Nugget customer support
Golden Nugget’s customer support staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so someone will be there to help you if you encounter a problem.
You can reach the help desk by phone at 855-873-1010. Or by email at [email protected] And you also can have an online live chat by visiting the help center on either the Golden Nugget website or app.
Responsible gambling at Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget has been in the gambling industry for years and knows that responsible gambling is paramount.
If you think you or someone you care about has a problem with gambling, you’ll find information and sources to reach out to for help on the Golden Nugget website and app.
You also can set up restrictions to limit the amount of money you can bet and the amount of time you can spend online at Golden Nugget. If you instead want to cut yourself off entirely, you can opt to self-exclude from all Golden Nugget Sportsbook products.
How does Golden Nugget compare to other Virginia sportsbooks?
Golden Nugget has a $250 free bet bonus for new users who enter our unique bonus code PLAYBONUS. In addition, you’ll find plenty of sports to bet on and various promotions. But how does that stack up against other top sportsbooks in the state? Let’s have a look.
- DraftKings vs. Golden Nugget: While DraftKings’ welcome bonus is worth $1,250, it comes in the form of a 20% deposit match bonus and $50 free bet. While these offers are vastly different we give Golden Nugget the edge because you get a free bet just for placing your first wager.
On the other hand, the promotions at DraftKings for existing customers are more rewarding than those at Golden Nugget.
- BetMGM vs. Golden Nugget: The BetMGM welcome bonus is for a risk-free first bet. It’s good for up to $1,000 and for losing bets of $50 and above you’ll receive five free bets, as opposed to the single one some books offer. The promotions are better at BetMGM, but we prefer using the Golden Nugget website and app.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook FAQ
The current Golden Nugget bonus code is PLAYBONUS and by using it you will receive a free bet for up to $250. The welcome bonus is a first bet, bet match. This means Golden Nugget will issue you a free bet, based on the size of your initial wager. The max free bet awarded is $250.
Yes, but maybe not on the college sports you want. That’s because betting on college teams from Virginia is not allowed. It also is illegal to place any prop bets or to have live betting for all NCAA games. So you can bet on college sports at Golden Nuggets, but your options are slightly limited.
Yes, not only is Golden Nugget one of the older and more trusted names in gaming, but Golden Nugget received a sports betting license in 2021 from the Virginia Lottery. If you run into any issues with Golden Nugget, or any sportsbook in the state for that matter, you can call the Virginia Lottery at 804-692-7777 or email them by using the appropriate form on the website.
No, Golden Nugget also has a website that you can use to place bets and make both withdrawals and deposits. We suggest giving the Golden Nugget Sportsbook app a try though, it’s free for both iOS and Android and makes betting on your phone or tablet a breeze.
No, you’ll sign up for Golden Nugget Sportsbook using their app or website. You’ll be required to enter your name and email address, as well as your date of birth, home address, phone number and the last four numbers of your SSN. Expect it to take no more than five minutes to get signed up.
Because Golden Nugget is licensed and regulated and thus a reputable sportsbook. Offshore accounts are none of those three things. And that could end up impacting you big-time if something goes wrong with an offshore site. We also advise against doing business with offshore sites.