FanDuel Sportsbook Promo Code Virginia – $2,500 Bonus
Online sports betting went live in Virginia in January of 2021, and FanDuel Sportsbook was the first to launch. Register with FanDuel Virginia in June 2023 to claim a $2,500 Welcome Bonus in the form of a no sweat first bet. No FanDuel Virginia bonus code required.
FanDuel is a market leader in the burgeoning U.S. regulated sportsbook scene, and it won’t take long for Virginia users to find out why. From their native mobile apps to their wide range of betting options, from their attractive welcome bonus to their sterling customer service and banking options, FanDuel excels at every part of the online sportsbook game.
In this review, we will break down what sets FanDuel apart from other sportsbooks. We’ll tell you what you can expect to receive for signing up with FanDuel and what specials and promotions you will see if you use their app. In fact, we’ll cover everything you need to know to decide if FanDuel is a fit for you.
FanDuel Sportsbook Virginia welcome bonus in June 2023
When you join FanDuel in Virginia you can get a no sweat bet sign-up bonus worth up to $2,500 in FanDuel bonus bets. You don’t need to enter a FanDuel Sportsbook promo code or deposit a specific amount of money. All you need to register using our links, make a deposit, and make your first bet. If that bet loses, FanDuel Virginia refunds you with bonus bets up to the $2,500 limit.
So, this special offer gives you two bites at the apple so to speak, when getting started with the FanDuel Sportsbook app in Virginia.
We also love that FanDuel bonus bets can be wagered just like regular cash. This allows you to wager your bonus bets however you want. Just keep in mind, the one thing you can’t do is simply withdraw them.
FanDuel Sportsbook promo code for Virginia in June 2023
|FanDuel Virginia Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Welcome Bonus Offer||No Sweat First Bet, up to $2,500|
|Bonus Terms & Conditions||• Get a refund if your first bet loses
• Refund comes as bonus bets, not cash
|Last Updated||June 2023|
Signing up for FanDuel Virginia sportsbook
Creating an account for FanDuel’s newest sportsbook in Virginia is only slightly more complicated than joining the latest social media app. The only real difference is you need to provide a tiny bit more personal identification and have the geolocation software on your phone, tablet, or computer turned on.
When opening a FanDuel account you will be required to submit the following information:
- Your email
- Date of birth
- Home address
- Phone number
- Social Security number
You will also pick a username and password, as you would on any app.
Since sports betting is only allowed within Virginia state lines you will need the location servcies turned on on the device you are using in order to verify you are signing up and later betting while in the state.
Lastly, remember if you are traveling you will not be able to bet once you leave Virginia unless you are in a state that allows mobile sports betting and FanDuel is active there as well.
Other FanDuel promotions and bonus offers
One of the best parts about FanDuel Sportsbook is the number of promotions and bonuses they offer customers throughout the year. Make sure you check in regularly so you don’t miss out. Having said that, here’s a look at some of the specials you can expect to find at FanDuel.
- FanDuel has a Parlay Insurance promotion in which you can recoup your losses if you only miss one leg of the parlay. The insurance is for a maximum $25 back, paid in bonus bets. In order to qualify your parlay must meet these criteria: be at least five legs, only miss one leg, each leg must have odds greater or equal to -200, and round robins and teasers are not eligible.
- There also is a Football Double-Up offer in which you double your winnings on a pre-game moneyline wager if your team scores 35 points or more. The max double-up is $50 and the double winnings are paid in the form of a site-credit bonus.
- During baseball season you likely will see Seventh Inning Stretch Insurance offered at FanDuel. The way it works is simple: if you place a pre-game moneyline bet on a team and that team is winning during the seventh-inning stretch, but they end up losing the game, you are refunded your losses (max $50) in site credit.
- During the NHL season FanDuel has also offered a similar promotion call NHL First Period Insurance. Just like the baseball one, if your pre-game moneyline selection is leading after the opening period and goes on to lose the game you’ll be refunded your bet in site credit.
Make sure to check the emails FanDuel sends out as well for new and exciting offers they roll out throughout the year. A lot of the promotions require you to “opt-in” in order to be eligible, so make sure to do that. And always read exactly how the offers work. There’s nothing wrong with bonus bets and site credit, just as long as you understand that’s how you’re being rewarded.
Is FanDuel legal in Virginia?
Yes. Sports betting became legal in the state when the state legislature passed a sports betting bill in April 2020 that allowed sportsbooks to operate in the state. FanDuel became the first sportsbook to officially launch in January 2021.
While online sportsbooks and their accompanying betting apps are legal in Virginia, retail sportsbooks are not a reality yet. They can be placed at land-based casino hypothetically, but that is not a reality yet.
Part of the Virginia sports betting law leaves open the possibility for betting at a yet-to-be built pro stadium. The speculation is that Washington Football Team owner, Daniel Snyder, could have a stadium for his team built in Virginia that could then host sports betting. They may also be at auto racing tracks in the state.
One final point about sports betting in Virginia is that wagering on NCAA sports teams from the state is not allowed. That does not apply to betting on tournaments in which a team from Virginia is playing, though, so you will be able to bet on the men’s college basketball tournament come March (as long as the game doesn’t involve a Virginia school).
FanDuel features and benefits
One of the biggest features you get with FanDuel Sportsbook is knowing that you’re wagering with one of the top names in sports betting and daily fantasy sports in the country. If you already have a FanDuel DFS account you can connect it to your sportsbook account and making playing fantasy and betting on sports a seamless transition.
Another top reason for choosing FanDuel for all your sports betting needs is the number of promotions they run throughout the year. Often, FanDuel will reward its players with bonus bets and site credit, but they also do specials whereby you can easily win bonus money.
For example, during the NBA playoffs, before FanDuel was live in Virginia, they ran ‘Spread the Love’ contests in which they increased the line for a pair of games. Both eclipsed the +50 mark, with the second going over +100, all but guaranteeing a win for bettors, who won real money, not bonus bets. It’s features like this that separate FanDuel from many other competitors and make it one of the top choices in the state.
A final benefit to be aware of is the daily odds boosts FanDuel runs, you guessed it, on a daily basis. The odds boosts rarely are as good promotions as their actual promos; instead, they simply bump up the odds on various games or prop bets a little bit. But an increase of just a small amount can make a huge difference if you pick correctly.
FanDuel’s customer service is another feather in their cap as their help desk is available 24/7. If you do run into any problems there are a number of possible solutions available on their customer service page. For immediate issues, the live chat is great, while, if you don’t need an answer immediately, emailing is probably easier.
FanDuel Virginia app
With retail sportsbooks not being legal in Virginia, your only means of sports betting on FanDuel is with their iOS or Android app or via the FanDuel Sportsbook website.
Using the website is usually easier when it comes to signing up, because having a bigger screen and full keyboard makes entering all your information a breeze. Having the apps, though, means you’re able to bet wherever you are within the state.
Whether you are on iPhone / iPad, or an Android phone or tablet, you can download the FanDuel app simply by following our links while on your device directly to the FanDuel site. There you will see instructions for downloading and installing the relevant app.
Having FanDuel Sportsbook on your phone or tablet allows you to bet on sports anywhere you go, as long as you’re within a state that allows sports betting. That means your favorite sports bar can now be your favorite sportsbook, too. Also use the app to check game times, starting pitchers, and odds and lines at any time.
Types of bets available on FanDuel sports betting
If you’re unfamiliar with sports betting it might come as a surprise how many types of bets are available at the push of a button. Let’s run through the most popular and common bet types you will see at FanDuel.
The three main forms of betting on individual games are moneyline bets, betting against the spread, and over/unders. But there are numerous other variations:
- The simplest to understand is the moneyline: all you do is pick the team you think will win. Favorites are displayed in negative numbers, while underdogs are positive. If the Ravens are -150 that simply means you need to bet $150 to win $100 because they are the favorite. If the Washington Football Team is +200 that mean a $100 bet would win you $200 because they are the underdog.
- Betting against the spread is where the game has been handicapped and you are picking a team to either win by a certain number of points or lose by a certain amount. The actual win/loss result does not matter, only whether your team covers the spread.
- In over/unders, bettors are given a number — usually total points to be scored in a game — and they bet whether the actual total will be over or under that. The same thing also can be done with season win totals as well as individual player stats.
- Prop bets are another widely popular form of sports wagering. Years ago they were mostly associated with the Super Bowl. Now they are side bets ranging from the outcome of a coin flip, to whether an NBA player will record a triple double, or who will score the first goal in a hockey game. FanDuel has an incredibly wide variety of prop bets available on all the major sports.
- Futures betting can be done at any time, but is most well-received right before seasons begin. Futures markets usually focus on a team’s season win totals, who will win divisions, conferences and championships, and can also be geared around individual awards like MVP and rookie of the year.
- Probably the most high-risk, high-reward bet available is the parlay. In parlays you make multiple selections, from as few as two to as many as you can count. The more legs to your parlay the more money you will win if correct, but if you miss a single pick the entire bet loses. Parlays can span various sports, while FanDuel also runs specials in which you select the moneyline, over/under, and spread on a single game parlay.
- Teaser bets can be done in conjunction with parlays, most often with basketball and football ones, in which you are able to move the spread up or down in order to make your bet more or less likely to happen. The odds are obviously adjusted accordingly.
As you can tell, there are any number of bets available to make. Always make sure you understand exactly what it is you are betting on, because one of the worst things to have happen is to think you won your bet, only to discover you placed your bet incorrectly.
Sports you can bet on at FanDuel
Whether you’re an expert at Major League Baseball or auto racing is more your thing, there’s plenty to choose from at FanDuel Sportsbook. The one thing to remember is that under Virginia gaming law you are not permitted to wager on NCAA teams from the state. Betting on tournaments that Virginia schools are playing in is allowed, so you still will be abled to bet on March Madness come spring.
If you want to bet on the major professional leagues, they’re all on FanDuel, including NBA betting, NHL betting, NFL betting, MLB betting, and MLS betting as well as NASCAR, the PGA Tour and UFC. You can also bet on tennis, boxing, and non-Virginia college sports.
As well, you have the option of trying your luck at more international sports, such as Australian Rules football, cricket, cycling, rugby, and table tennis. International soccer is a big draw for many bettors as well, with the Champions League and the English Premier League (EPL) being the biggest draws.
Virginia sports betting guide
Obviously, as of right now, none of the four major professional U.S. sports leagues has a team that calls Virginia home. There are plenty located close by in neighboring states, though, that we can root for and now wager on as well.
- In Major League Baseball the 2019 World Series champion, Washington Nationals in the National League, and Baltimore Orioles in the American League, give Virginians teams in both leagues to bet on. The types of bets you can place on the Nats, O’s and all of MLB include pre-game, during game, futures, props, and more.
- Another recent champion resides nearby in the form of the NHL’s Washington Capitals who won the Stanley Cup in 2018. FanDuel allows you to bet on the Caps and the rest of the NHL by placing both pre-game and live wagers. You can also partake in futures markets and props bets.
- In the NFL, the Washington Football Team plays its games in Landover, MD, but its practice facilities and team headquarters are in Virginia. While the Baltimore Ravens, home to 2019 NFL MVP Lamar Jackson, are located nearby as well. FanDuel’s NFL betting allows for pre- and during-game wagers, prop bets, and futures for Washington, Baltimore and the rest of the league as a whole.
- While the NBA’s Washington Wizards and Charlotte Hornets don’t have any recent championships or MVPs to celebrate you still can enjoy betting on them. Like the other leagues, you’re able to place bets before and during games and engage in prop betting and futures.
- The MLS’s DC United is the closest professional soccer team you can bet on at FanDuel, but the reality is MLS betting is nowhere near as popular as betting on both the English Premier League and UEFA Champions League just across the pond in Europe.
And remember, betting on Virginian college teams is not allowed at any sportsbooks in the state.
FanDuel futures bets
One of the appeals of sports betting is the ability to place a bet and know the outcome in a few hours. However, if you’re the patient type, futures betting may be more up your alley. With futures, you’re able to place bets on predictions that are months away from happening, such as a team’s season win total, who will win the championship in any given sport, or even which specific player will be named league MVP. Just as was the case above, there are no local pro teams to place futures bets on, so we’re going to look at some of the teams nearby that might be of interest to you.
- In the NFL, there are the Baltimore Ravens and the Washington Football Team. Bettors who predicted before the 2019 season that Baltimore second-year QB Lamar Jackson would win the NFL MVP were able to cash in big. You also can wager on a team’s season win total, the Super Bowl winner, division and conference champs and individual award winners, and draft picks before the NFL Draft.
- In the NBA you might not be picking the Wizards or Hornets to win the NBA title, but you are able to bet on their season win titles or potentially a new draft pick winning the Kia Rookie of the Year award. Come playoff time you can pick series outcomes by selecting the overall winner or even predicting how many games an individual series will go.
- The NHL is pretty much the same as the NBA, so for those Capitals fans who backed Washington to win the Stanley Cup title back in 2018 they were able to celebrate and cash in at the same time.
- If you’re a fan of the Orioles or Nationals in Major League Baseball you have a plethora of futures options available, from betting on the teams’ over/under season win totals, to whether they’ll win their division, pennants, or even the World Series. As for individual titles you can pick the MVP and Cy Young award winners.
It pays to keep an eye on futures odds because they can change a great deal, especially when a team adds a star or, likewise, when a team loses a top player to injury or free agency. As with almost all other bets, the odds you get at the time you place your wager do not change.
How to deposit and cash out on the FanDuel app
When it comes to depositing money at FanDuel Sportsbook it shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as your have a bank account or a credit card information handy.
A minimum $10 deposit is required and can be done by the following methods:
- Debit or credit card from Visa or Mastercard debit
- Bank transfer,
- FanDuel Prepaid Play+ card.
When it comes to withdrawing money you can choose to have funds sent to your PayPal account, your bank, or issued in the form of a check. When it comes to check withdrawals, the requests take roughly 7-10 business days.
FanDuel customer support
If everything works how it’s designed to this is a section you will never need use. The good news is that if something does go wrong, FanDuel is there to help 24/7.
When it comes to needing immediate help, your best option is using the customer support chat that runs 24 hours a day. If your needs are less pressing you can email and expect a response in a fairly timely fashion.
FanDuel Sportsbook’s help page also includes answers to many common questions in the hopes that your problem can be fixed without even having to contact any of its representatives.
Responsible gaming at FanDuel
When done properly, sports betting is something that allows you to enjoy games a little more while potentially making some money at the same time. Unfortunately, if left unchecked, irresponsible gambling can wreck lives and FanDuel is committed to not letting that happen.
At FanDuel Sportsbook you are able to set limits on how many bets you can make in a given period of time as well as setting a maximum wager limit. Once these limits are in place you will not be able to override them. You can also set reminders to alert you to the time and money spent on the site and app.
Where is the FanDuel retail sportsbook?
Under Virginia law, retail sportsbooks are not allowed in the state, thus there is not a FanDuel retail sportsbook in Virginia at the present time.
Is FanDuel the best sportsbook in Virginia?
Is it the best? That’s tough to say, but it’s definitely one of the top two or three without a doubt.
FanDuel is a trusted name in sports betting thanks to its years as one of the top daily fantasy sports sites in the country. It has quickly become one of the top sportsbooks as well, thanks to FanDuel’s ability to break into new markets quickly and offer some of the best bonuses and promotions to its customers.
With Virginia’s requirement that there must be at least four online sportsbooks in the state there might never be a true number one, but FanDuel almost certainly will be among the best in the state.
FanDuel Sportsbook FAQ
When you sign up with FanDuel Sportsbook in Virginia, you’ll get a no sweat bet welcome bonus for up to $2,500. You don’t need to enter a FanDuel Virginia promo code. See the complete terms & conditions in the FanDuel Virginia welcome bonus section above.
Yes, FanDuel Sportsbook was the first Virginia sportsbook to be licensed and began accepting bets on Jan. 21, 2021. Sports betting in the state is overseen by the Virginia Lottery and you can contact the VA Lottery by phone (804-692-7777) or message them through their website if you have any issues with FanDuel.
You must be 21 years or older to bet on sports in Virginia. You also need to be in Old Dominion at the time you make any bets, to ensure this you must have geolocation software on your phone, tablet or computer activated in order to place sports wagers.
Yes, you can bet on college sports using the FanDuel Sportsbook app. However, Virginia law prohibits betting on VA-based college teams, so you will not be able to bet on teams like the Virginia Cavaliers or Virginia Tech Hokies for example. Also, live betting and prop betting on all college sports is illegal in Virginia.
No, if you want you can do all your betting using the dedicated FanDuel Sportsbook website for Virginia. However, the FanDuel app is available for iOS and Android and it makes betting using your phone or tablet super easy. We definitely recommend getting it for all your Android and Apple devices.
Yes for both. FanDuel offers daily odds boosts and you can find them by clicking the “Odds boosts” tab on the app or website. As for early cash outs, wagers that are eligible are noted with a distinctive cash out symbol next to bets. Just like with placing bets, you must be in Virginia in order to cash a bet out early.
No, you can complete the entire FanDuel registration remotely using either the FanDuel website or FanDuel app. You’ll need to supply your name, home address, email address, phone number, date of birth and the last four digits of your SSN to create a FanDuel Sportsbook account.